Welcome, I am an applied geophysicist with a strong interest in deriving process-based information from geophysical observations. I am currently substitute professor of Applied Geophysics at RWTH Aachen University and have previously worked at the University of Bonn, Berkeley Lab, GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences and obtained a PhD from ETH Zurich.
My research interests include:
- Geophysical monitoring of subsurface fluid migration
- Permafrost characterization and monitoring
- Geothermal and geological storage reservoirs
- Tomographic experimental design
- Numerical modeling and (process-based/joint) inversion
- Scientific software development (www.pygimli.org)